Today we’re thrilled to unveil Jet Protocol, a borrowing and lending protocol built on the Solana blockchain.
We’ve seen the acceleration and adoption of cryptocurrencies and their blockchain platforms over the past 4 years as a result of hard work and perseverance through a long and difficult bear market.
We believe the primary driver of this latest explosion of interest and usage of blockchains is DeFi, and we are extremely excited about where its potential lies.
Most of the widely used DeFi protocols used to-date have been built on top of and supported by the Ethereum ecosystem.
We tip our hats to the household names that have come out of what was built on the EVM. Now we’re ready to take the borrowing and lending primitives to the next level using Solana’s bleeding edge tech, low transaction costs, speed and scalability.
Users can also look forward to our innovative interest bearing products which will be used to create markets on Serum DEX.
Who Are We?
Wil Barnes and James Ryan Moreau met in 2017 while working at ConsenSys where they worked together on MetaMask, a web3 knowledge base and helped grow the early customer success strategy within the organization. Separately they went on to:
- Stabilize MakerDAO, a multi-billion dollar lending protocol, in the wake of March 12, 2020 drawdown, defending and fortifying it against flash loan attacks, and correcting the Dai stablecoin peg over Summer 2020.
- Lead the onboarding of over $3 billion dollars of digital asset collateral to MakerDAO without loss of value.
- Build out support, knowledge base, content and community for Ethereum’s most widely used wallet as it grew from 20,000 users to over 1 million.
- Lead support, content and community for the first multi-blockchain non-custodial staking and governance interface with over thousands of users and several hundred million USD staked through the platform.
Over the coming weeks we will release information regarding:
- Open job roles (We’re Hiring!)
- Platform, governance and token details
- Community involvement opportunities
- Ecosystem partnerships
We’ll be releasing regular blog posts in the coming weeks, but if you’re interested in getting involved in any way, please join our community and subscribe below!