Ankr’s New Filecoin RPC Connection Is Live!
This post was originally published on Ankr
Ankr is now offering Filecoin hosted nodes as a service, allowing Web3 apps and developers to easily communicate with the Filecoin storage network.
Ankr is very excited to announce we are beginning our newest RPC partnership with Filecoin! This is great news for Filecoin as we will make their JSON RPC API layer even stronger with the ability to handle vast traffic loads. Developers can now access Filecoin Public, Premium, and Enterprise RPC endpoints, make API requests, and receive responses that are identical to the results they would get by running a Filecoin node themselves.
The upcoming Filecoin Virtual Machine (FVM) will be one of the most ground-breaking updates to the Filecoin network ever. For the first time, developers will be able to deploy user-defined smart contracts on top of Filecoin’s blockchain and storage network, with the ability to write them in Solidity and deploy them using the many EVM-compatible developer tools that web3 builders know and love. This will also include Ankr’s Filecoin node support for the Ethereum JSON RPC API for FVM.
What is Filecoin?
Filecoin is the world’s largest decentralized storage network allowing users to store, request, and transfer data via a verifiable marketplace. The network leverages the same technology stack as the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol for content addressing.
Filecoin uses a proof-of-replication consensus mechanism, which means that miners are rewarded for storing and keeping copies of data on the network, rather than for solving mathematical puzzles like in traditional proof-of-work systems. It aims to provide a more secure, efficient, and cost-effective alternative to traditional centralized storage solutions, such as cloud storage providers, by leveraging the power of decentralization and the security of cryptographic techniques to create a distributed storage network that is resistant to censorship and tampering.
Filecoin is a prominent use case of decentralized tech and a flourishing part of the greater Web3 ecosystem. However, with the upcoming launch of the FVM and user-defined smart contracts, more developers are expected to start building on Filecoin to harness the enormous potential of an open data economy.
To cater to the thousands of new developers looking to work with Filecoin and Lotus, Ankr is providing a way they can easily contribute to this booming network using Filecoin Lotus nodes, the reference node implementation for Filecoin.
What Is Ankr’s New Filecoin RPC?
- Ankr’s Filecoin RPC (Remote Procedure Call) connects your wallet, command-line interface, or dApp with Filecoin’s network. It acts as a messenger or blockchain router that relays on-chain information between Filecoin nodes, dApps, and ultimately end-users so they can retrieve necessary information and execute tasks.
- Filecoin RPC endpoints are a gateway for developers to interface directly with the Filecoin storage network — a portal to communicate easily, remotely, and with no need to go through the DevOps of setting up their own Filecoin nodes.
- Ankr is providing a geo-distributed Filecoin RPC comprised of Filecoin Lotus blockchain nodes running worldwide for incredibly low-latency and reliable connections.
Get started now with our free Filecoin RPC.
How Does the Filecoin RPC Help Developers?
Ankr’s newest RPC allows builders to connect easily to the Filecoin network.
- Eliminates complex node ops — Ankr’s Filecoin RPC will completely remove the need for many developers to set up their own Filecoin Lotus node, removing hours of time spent building, calibrating, and fixing node issues.
- Grants access to advanced tools — Ankr’s Premium RPC Service instantly grants access to the best tools to build applications quickly, including:
At least 1,500 Filecoin requests per second
Dedicated Filecoin endpoints
- Powers apps and open-source software that need access to Filecoin — Reach a cluster of high-performance nodes that holds the information you need to build and operate dApps connected with Filecoin data.
- Supports the Filecoin network Ankr will strengthen the Filecoin network globally by offering easier development and a broader, decentralized node infrastructure.
How to Make Your First Call to Filecoin
You can get started now by heading to Ankr’s RPC Service to make your first call! You can use the Filecoin endpoint https://rpc.ankr.com/filecoin to call the blockchain using the standard JSON RPC methods. Ankr will also add our integration assistant for Filecoin to help devs with connection code snippets and test RPC methods to view sample code results.
Stay Tuned For More RPC Releases!
Twitter | Telegram Announcements | Telegram English Chat |
Help Desk | Discord | YouTube | LinkedIn | Instagram | Ankr Staking
Ankr’s New Filecoin RPC Connection Is Live! was originally published in Ankr on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.